Temporary Senior Project Manager (9 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Do you thrive at leading cross-functional teams, enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced space like ecommerce and passionate about delivering value to end users? BigCommerce has a fixed term contract opportunity for someone like you. This opportunity has come about to provide coverage for our global PMO team while a teammate is on maternity leave.
We’re in search of a Senior Project Manager who wants to dive in and start making impact fast, with a high level of energy and motivation to contribute to our growth by “helping our merchants sell more.”
Our PMO leads projects/programs across the company, from Product Development to Marketing to Sales and everywhere in-between. You’ll be collaborating with both internal customers and external partners to help define and execute on our global roadmap.
What You’ll Do
- Drive multiple simultaneous projects from start to finish and deliver value to our merchants on time, within budget and scope
- Manage your daily activities of scope management, project and resource planning, progress tracking, proactive risks and issues management, cross-functional/stakeholder and leadership communication
- Provide cross-functional visibility into status, resourcing needs, granular requirements, dates and escalations for projects
- Demonstrate stellar stakeholder management and executive presentation skills
- Create and enforce cross-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels using soft and hard levers
- Lead and inspire your teams; influence everyone around you
- Collaborate with colleagues within our PMO and across all other functions
- Apply your hard-earned experience – battle scars and all – to creatively solve for the desired shared outcome each and every day
- Make the most of your chops to work with technical and not-so-technical counterparts
- Use a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence, Google Apps
- Contribute to our company culture and collective intelligence
Who You Are
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways providing ideas to optimise the process.
- Fun. You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You understand the awesomeness and downfalls of agile, waterfall, and other philosophies & methodologies – and know what to apply for each situation.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Positive. You know that when like-minded, talented colleagues put their minds to achieving ambitious goals, great things happen. You bring that positivity & attitude to everything you do.
- Problem Solver: You use logic, as well as imagination, to make sense of a situation and come up with an intelligent solution.
- Scrappy. You have an innate, scrappy and entrepreneurial drive to get things done in a fast-moving environment where things can (and do!) change quickly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all of the details up front. Nothing gets by you.
- A utility player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience – preferably in web-technologies, a technical project manager leading medium to large projects
- Has prior contracting experience so knows how to hit the ground running fast
- Project management, Agile development, process improvement/quality certifications are a plus (e.g. PMP, ScrumMaster, Lean or Six Sigma)
BigCommerce is the leading ecommerce platform for fast-growing and mid-market brands. BigCommerce’s cloud-based platform enables merchants such as Dorco, Duck Commander, Martha Stewart and Travelpro to cost-effectively grow their businesses with more traffic, higher conversion and superior performance. BigCommerce supports clients from its headquarters in Austin, Texas, and offices in San Francisco and Sydney. For more information, visit Bigcommerce.com.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- A vacation policy that encourages a work hard, play hard culture
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- We have lunch provided every day and free onsite massages
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, Hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events
How to ApplyPlease apply using this link: http://grnh.se/c78dag
1620 total views, 1 today