Full-Time Senior Product Manager – Mobile Products
Some interesting things you may not know about us and our clients:
· Our clients have processed almost $3BN in orders selling everything from designer jewelry to iPad cases, t-shirts and surf boards
· We have household-name brands like Collette Dinnigan as clients, but also have tens of thousands of entrepreneurs building the next big thing using the Bigcommerce platform
· We’re shaping not just e-commerce in Australia, but around the world – we have clients in over 100 countries!
· We are completely re-inventing small business commerce and impacting tens of millions of online shoppers every single day
· We obsess over blending simplicity and beautiful design with innovation and disruptive thinking
Why are mobile products important to us?
· Global mobile payment transaction value is projected to grow from $235B in 2013 to $721.3B in 2017, attaining a projected 32.4% CAGR. Source: Gartner Forecast: Mobile Payment, Worldwide, 2013 Update Published: 15 May 2013.
· The 3rd fastest growing type of mobile payment transaction globally as measured by projected CAGR from 2012 to 2017 is merchandise purchases, which is projected to grow by 38% (CAGR). Source: Gartner Forecast: Mobile Payment, Worldwide, 2013 Update Published: 15 May 2013.
· Mobile commerce jumped to $21 billion in 2012, up 81% from 2011 and rising
· This year 15% of online retail sales will take place via mobile. By 2017 the percentage will raise to 25%
Bigcommerce has a team of the best available and most experienced product management and UX design team in Australia . This is not a role you will see very often in Australia as we do not have many product based startups here that are large enough to justify hiring a product manager at this level.
Who are you?
You possibly started your career as a developer before realising your passion was for interaction with the user, competitive analysis, and feature prioritisation. You then transitioned into a UX role or a product management role where you got to do real product management. You have worked on and released at least a few mobile apps or mobile web products and some of it from inception to launch and post launch. You have overseen the mobile strategy for a dynamic organisation.
Currently you probably don’t hold the title of Senior Product Manager but your role has required you to do product management type functions for the past few years. You may have also stepped out to do your own startup a few times but were never able to get it to that point where growth exploded.
Your mission if you choose to accept it:
This is a real Senior Product Management role where you will totally own your product roadmap. You will work very closely with our VP of Product, Asok Boopathy, who relocated from Silicon Valley to join Bigcommerce. Your first task will be to consolidate all the product management functions related to mobile that is going on. You will then work to understand the current roadmap, the product, our clients, work with the cross functional teams, look at market trends and tap into your experience to put together a mobile products strategy. You will take the strategy and build out a mobile products family roadmap and start executing on the roadmap to deliver amazing mobile solutions that makes your products and our platform the best in the market.
You will be part of our product team led by our VP of Product – Asok Boopathy a PayPal escapee who relocated from Silicon Valley to work with us.
What are our founders like?
Eddie and Mitch have been business partners for over 10 years. They met on IRC and decided to partner up when they realised they were both building similar products. They are not arrogant, they love working with smart people, they are very good at motivating the team, and they will treat you like an equal. If you have the desire to one day go out and take a shot at your own startup you will learn a lot from these two.
How to Apply
Apply here or hate filling out forms? Email me at jennifer.mitchell at bigcommerce dot com to find out more.
1347 total views, 1 today