Full-Time Senior Applications Security Engineer
BigCommerce, named a ”Best Place to Work” in Australia, a “Best and Brightest” place to work in San Francisco, and a “Best Place to Work” in Austin, is looking for a full-time Senior Applications Security Engineer who wants to make an impact to every level of society through powering innovators, creative thinkers, entrepreneurs and business owners around the world to be successful at each stage of their business. We are looking for someone to join us in one of our locations in either Sydney, San Francisco, or our Downtown Austin office.
It’s an exciting time to join the Information Security team while we’re small (but mighty) and at a stage where you will have the ability to influence the culture of the team and its direction moving forward. Our engineers are called on to wear many hats, so our ideal candidate will be very well-rounded with experience as a software developer, penetration tester, and will have the ability to work independently to provide technical expertise to other software developers.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to information security incidents, providing technical expertise
- Provide security guidance and experience to BigCommerce engineering teams
- Review project technical designs and stay involved through their implementation to assist BigCommerce engineering staff with the finer points of application security.
- Help build internal security tooling, to help us be proactive in the battle.
- Utilize data to help generate insights into threats, and build solutions.
- Mentor team members in best practice around information security standards
- Regular and ongoing pen testing of BigCommerce’s changing environment
- Evangelize security within BigCommerce and be an advocate for BigCommerce customers
- Protect BigCommerce merchants, their shoppers, and the company
Who you are:
- Holder of a current CISSP, or GISP certification
- Have 4+ years experience as a penetration tester of web applications
- Have 1-2 years of software development experience in PHP, Ruby, Java, or similar
- The ability to explain security issues to developers
- Strong communicator with a bias towards honesty and transparency
- Experience working across global teams
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible ecommerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store. BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive ecommerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- We have lunch provided every day and free onsite massages
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events
- US only: comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
How to ApplyApply Here: http://grnh.se/sdnc041
1094 total views, 4 today