This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
24 Dec 2013
Part-Time Seeking Expert Tech Generalist (and Foodie!)
The Problem We Solve= We are two co-founders- one a dietitian, nutritionist and die-hard foodie, the other a financial strategist and Founder Institute graduate. Our startup, You Chews, solves the problem of cold pizza at events. Our catering curation service finds amazing food prepared by the finest local small food businesses, and links that food to the catering needs of meetings and events.
Our Vision= The You Chews vision is to unlock access to the wealth of delicious food served by local businesses by providing the ultimate catering experience. We aspire to become the Etsy of food.
Traction= Significant. In six short months of operations, we’ve:
- Served clients such as the Cancer Council, the City of Sydney, Telstra, Fishburners and Shoes of Prey
- Catered for more than sixty events in Sydney and Melbourne, including Launch 48, the Health Tech Meetup, Sydney EduTech Meetup, Pollenizer Lean Startup Bootcamps, AngelHack, Rooftop Business Connector, and Muru-D info sessions
- Fed over 3,000 eaters
- Generated approximately $55,000 in additional catering revenue for our valued suppliers
- Here’s a direct quote from a regular customer, an office manager working for a business that orders lunch for their employees every day: “Today’s meal was probably the best lunch we’ve ever had in the office! I’ve never had such a positive response before. We would not mind at all you using this chef again! Often!”
- You Chews is also shortlisted in the top 20 for the Telstra-backed Muru-D digital accelerator program, after making it through to the first round at their pitch night (It probably helped that we also catered the event with the best sliders you’ve ever tasted.)
Our Current Problem= As quite clever but non-technical co-founders, we have been running our operations manually and are ready to take our business to the next level by facilitating scale with technology. The problem is, it’s a logistics-heavy business with a double-sided marketplace. We’re not yet sure what can be automated vs outsourced vs kept in-house.
The Solution= You!
We’d love to hear from you if you are:
1) An expert tech generalist- a focus on systems integration is useful. Catering/logistics industry experience a plus
2) Are willing to work as an account manager alongside one of our Chewsy Crew to learn the ins and outs of the business
3) Can translate our manual operations into technology, and in turn, translate those needs to developers
4) Most importantly- you’re passionate about good food! Our commitment to sourcing (yup, that includes tasting!) the finest wares from local foodies and supporting their businesses is the lifeblood of our startup. You’ll be talking about food a lot, so love for all things delicious is a must.
Open to salary negotiations/equity discussions.
Drop us a line and we’ll arrange an informal chat over- you guessed it- some FOOD!
The Chewsy Crew of You Chews
Liz Kaelin and Sarah Maloof, the Founding Foodies
2552 total views, 1 today