Full-Time Product Manager
“BlueChilli builds startups. Our accelerator programs remove the biggest barriers to startup success, like building products, finding the first customers, partners, people and raising capital.”
WHO IS BLUECHILLI?
We are a team of 30+ people, we’re the largest Australian startup accelerator and have been around for more than six years. We’ve had 3 exits, 1 IPO, and our startups grow in value every month ($500M combined value and counting). We are a local team for founders, with global connections.
WHY DO WE EXIST?
We exist to empower early-stage startup founders to build impactful, investable global tech startups that solve the world’s greatest challenges. Through our accelerator programs and corporate partners, our founders unlock the best possible opportunity to succeed.
NUMBERS WE ARE PROUD OF…
- Launched more than 100 startups with our founders
- Over 60% of our startups secured pilots / commercial outcome with corporate partners
- Helped our founders raise over $64M of capital
- Created more than 1100 jobs.
- 100s of corporates and startups guided to unlock value via collaboration
OUR SUPER GOAL IS A $1BILLION PORTFOLIO BY 2020.
Day-in-a-Life of our Product Manager
A BlueChilli product manager plays a key role in building our startup businesses and their products, helping to take startups from idea stage to product launch using our Lean Agile methodology.
Your key tasks will include:
- Leading the design and development team for your startups
- Working closely with the founder on product strategy, customer validation and product market fit
- Being the key advocate for the user in the startup’s business. This includes talking to users and conducting user research where necessary.
- Managing our sprint process including sprint plans, testing and retros
- Taking enormous pride in your success at turning an idea into an investable business in a very short time.
Type of projects you’ll be working on…
BlueChilli works with a vast array of Founders and Startups. Here are some examples::
- Accelerator programs, like SheStarts ( /www.shestarts.com/ ) and CityConnect (https://cityconnect.co/ )
- Marketplaces, like BenchOn – (benchon.com.au/)
- Analytics platforms, like Neighbourlytics( neighbourlytics.com/ )
- Apps, like QuickSafety (://www.quicksafety.com.au/) Folktale (http://folktale.io/) and VetChat (www.vetchat.com.au)
- Some experience working as a product manager on more than one product at once
- Knowledge of and passion for the lean agile methodology
- The ability to keep the startup’s big picture in mind as you work on the detail of the product builds.
It would be extra awesome if you also had…
- Experience working in a startup and or passion and enthusiasm for startups
- Great organisational skills and attention to detail
- A willingness to work as a team player with our awesome team of developers and Ux specialists.
- Organised and not afraid of process
- Enthusiastic and passionate about your job
If you do a good job…
There is a lot of room for growth in this role! We have a few pathways for success at BlueChilli; from leading the Product within our organisation, or whether you see this as starting point for your own startup endeavors. The future is up to you!
Maybe this role is not for you if….
- You are not comfortable with incomplete information – startups deal with uncertainty every day
- You need a lot of direction or structure for daily tasks – our team is very autonomous!
- You are looking for a hierarchical team – we have a flat structure and offer individual paths of growth!
FLEXIBLE WORK ENVIRONMENT – We have very deliberately built the dream team of innovation heavyhitters. We take this task seriously! Everyone in the team is so fantastic that they could choose to work anywhere they please. We take great pride that they choose to do their best work here. It is our job to make sure that this choice is the easiest one they have to make!
AWESOME OFFICES – The BlueChilli office is the veritable wishlist of any startup founder or tech pro. The Sydney headquarters is decked out with everything you could need to boost creative confidence and experimentation. Our workspace welcomes four-legged companions, too!
FREEDOM & AUTONOMY – Work-life balance is crucial at BlueChilli. The team has taken big steps to ensure everyone can bring their best selves to work. Starting with flexible work environments, including both complete flexible hours and the ability to work from home at a moment’s notice. Giving everybody the freedom to own their time, we ensure that each and everyone in our team is working from the place that makes him or her the happiest.
AWESOME DAY- BlueChilli gives everyone a yearly AwesomeDay – a whole day free to use on anything they choose to. This day doesn’t count against annual or sick leave. It’s a free day to use for inspiration, recharging or simply enjoying life!
How to Apply
Interested? Great! Apply here.
^^ please only apply via the link. We are not reviewing applications sent via email or any other platforms.
587 total views, 2 today