Full-Time Product Designer
Simply Wall St is looking for a Product Designer to help us craft a world-class user experience. As the first Product Designer on our team you will be involved with the product development from start to finish.
From helping us analyze and understand user behavior and translate these insights into design concepts, user journeys and mock-ups to creating beautiful and inspiring pixel-perfect interfaces across web and mobile, you will exercise your full range of product, interaction, and visual design skills on a daily basis.
You should be an excellent communicator, self-starter, and enjoy collaboration with others as you will be working closely with the whole team, whether it be on ensuring design decisions are aligned with user needs through usability and A/B tests or on ensuring the implementation is done correctly.
You will have the opportunity to explore great data visualizations to make stock investing approachable and intuitive, and should have interest in turning complex matters into easy to understand through innovative visualizations and infographics.
Who are we looking for?
A great designer in our opinion is a person who really, genuinely thinks about how they can help out the user first. Make selfless decisions and always ship the best idea, which may not be your own. We are a user focused company and you will be the champion of users’ needs, asking the difficult questions and accepting the difficult answers.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to concept simple and elegant solutions to complex user problems;
- Experience designing from ideation through to pixel perfect solutions on multiple devices across web and mobile;
- Passion and talent for designing end-to-end experiences;
- Strong interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills;
- Interest in infographics, data visualisations and information architecture;
- Working the details from the beginning, not just at the end;
- A portfolio showcasing user-centered designs that are beautiful, delightful, and easy-to-use;
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, or applicable programming language a plus;
- Some understanding of stock investing a plus.
We are building a world-class product which is revolutionary in many ways – unique data visualizations, making complex and complicated things simple and replacing work previously done by humans.
You will have the opportunity to work in a very small team of smart people and will have a big impact on how our product works and feels and your design decisions will directly impact over 100,000 users.
We consider the design part of our product equally as important as the tech part and your compensation will reflect that.
How to ApplyTake some time to explore our product. Send relevant work samples, and anything else that will make you stand out, to adam(at)simplywallst.com. Extra effort and personal touches will be looked upon favourably. If we think you’ll be a good fit, we’ll be back in touch with step two of the application process.
941 total views, 2 today