Freelance Marketing Strategist for 2 sided marketplace
Hobby Society(http://hobbysociety.com/) is a Sydney-based startup that is creating an online community marketplace for hobbyists. In this two sided marketplace, people can either provide or use a service based around 3 areas:
- Skills transfer (teaching a class, posting blogs, answering questions to forums)
- Community connections (connecting with those who share your passion in Sydney)
- Tools, equipment and spaces (renting out elements required to do a hobby)
Initially there is a focus on three hobbies: woodworking, pottery and cooking, but ultimately we want to expand to all creative hobbies. We are still developing our market place- we are currently offering classes and space hire but have yet to deploy the community elements such as forums.
We are a friendly and young team of four (two girls and two guys) with varied backgrounds from engineering (including software), economics, medicine and data. As a company we value creativity, community and connections. We would love the right person to join us on this journey.
We are looking for an individual who can increase the impacts of our digital and traditional marketing actions. We currently use a variety of digital marketing strategies including:
- Facebook Company Page
- Facebook Groups (one for each hobby)
- Meetup Groups (one for each hobby)
- Email campaigns through Mail Chimp
- A blog on our website
However, we require someone who can lead us in increasing our customer’s conversion rate.
Key tasks in this job would include:
- Analyse our current digital and traditional marketing actions to identify improvements
- Develop a marketing strategy to increase our conversion rate and allow us to grow
- Implement actions from this strategy. This would be expected to include:
- Assist with the implementation of any tools that are required to support the marketing strategy and evaluate its effectiveness
- Leading social media campaigns and monitoring their impacts .
- Assist with maintaining communication in Facebook and all other areas of digital presence to lead users to our website.
- Leading improvements in traditional marketing strategies.
You will work with team members who can assist you in these tasks, in particular content writing.
As a team we value different perspectives, so you will be able to contribute ideas and have a say on Hobby Society’s direction.
About the candidate:
We’re looking for someone with:
- Experience in analysing and improving marketing campaigns (e.g. experience in A/B testing, content marketing).
- Experience with companies operating 2 sided digital market places.
- Proven experience in increasing a company’s conversion rate.
- Problem solving skills.
- Up to date knowledge on the most effective digital and marketing strategies for customer growth e.g. Landing Pages, Google Adwords, Google Keyword planner, etc.
- Good time management and communication skills.
- A positive and friendly demeanour.
- Has an interest in what Hobby Society is trying to achieve.
But we would love it if they also had:
- Interest in business development and a willingness to get involved in the team’s planning.
1-2 days a week
2 – 4 months with a possibility of extension
How to ApplyApplication: Please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration by 13/10/17 to firstname.lastname@example.org
728 total views, 2 today