BigCommerce, a Great Place to Work Australia winner, is looking for a full-time Software Engineer II for our Sydney office who wants to make an impact to every level of society by powering innovators, creative thinkers, entrepreneurs and business owners around the world to be successful at each stage of their business.
What you’ll do:
- Build beautiful, scalable products using modern tools like Angular 1 and 2
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Review other engineer’s code to maintain and improve quality and security
- Support an open, positive, and energised culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.
Who you are:
- You’re an experienced professional with 3+ years of software development experience building amazing things that speak for themselves.
- You are passionate about modern front-end technologies and tools, and understand when they’re most appropriate.
- You have a solid understanding of programming principles.
- You are passionate about creating extraordinary software experiences by writing beautiful code.
- You’re not biased toward a specific technology and are more interested in finding the right tools and patterns for the job.
- You enjoy being part of a collaborative team that is focused on building a product that will delight customers.
- You have knowledge of using and building JSON APIs.
- Experience with PHP or Ruby is a plus
- Have a bias for action
- Always put customers first!
- You have excellent interpersonal skills – able to collaborate and communicate in person or via Slack or email efficiently
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible ecommerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store. BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive ecommerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- We have lunch provided every day and free onsite massages
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events
How to ApplyTo apply click here- http://grnh.se/s376hq1
649 total views, 1 today