Full-Time Full-stack Software Engineer
Hireup is an Australian technology startup connecting people with disability and support workers online.
We use technology to give people with disability the power to find, hire and manage their own support workers.
The platform we’re building is already having a huge impact on the disability sector; We have more than 8,000 people on the platform and grew by over 700% in 2016. Last year alone, we saved people with disability over $700k in support funding by building great technology for them to find the support they need.
Our ambitions for 2017 are big: we’ll be doubling our impact in the first six months and are launching in a number of new sites across Australia.
We’re a socially driven, for-purpose startup, run by a team of (big) thinkers, builders and doers. And we’re looking for our next recruit.
If you’re a lateral thinking and motivated Software Engineer with the ability to lead from the front, we want to hear from you. You’ll be the third in our fast-growing engineering team, which means you’ll have the opportunity to shape it from the start, mentor junior engineers as they join and build solutions to complex problems that have a big impact for Australians with disability.
What you’ll be doing
- Taking ownership of new product features that will have significant business and user impact
- Interacting with other teams including finance, HR and community development to take a cross-functional approach to build new features for our community of users
- Building efficient and reusable abstractions and systems
- Implementing intuitive and accessible user interfaces
- Helping guide the technical direction of our platform, including identifying and addressing risk and development opportunities
What we ask from you
- Experience developing rich applications with HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience with API design and development preferably with Node.js
- Experience with front-end frameworks (we currently use Angular)
- Produce high-quality code – readable, maintainable and tested
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Communicate with other team members to solve to difficult problems
- Great eye for detail and strong sense of responsibility
What we offer
- The chance to be part of a meaningful challenge and to see the impact of your work
- Exciting and challenging projects that will push your technical skills
- An open culture that thrives on new initiatives and ideas
- Working with a motivated founding team that is leading change in its industry and driven by a passion for positive social impact
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours and location
- Your choice of laptop and tools to get the job done
How to ApplyIf you’re interested in working with us, contact the team via firstname.lastname@example.org with an email including your CV and a short cover letter. We’d love to hear from anyone who’s ready for their next big challenge.
1629 total views, 3 today