Part-Time Chief Technical Officer
Yegal is an online legal task marketplace. We help corporate lawyers reduce their legal spend by connecting them with a network of talented student paralegals on demand.
Yegal’s founder is a former litigation lawyer. He is guided by two technical advisors who have a combined 50 years experience in software development.
We launched a beta product late last year and with little effort have acquired a loyal contingent of early adopters. Our immediate goal is to get to MVP stage by mid year and we need an enthusiastic and experienced Development Lead to round out our team
Chief Technical Officer/Development Lead/ (Part-time) 25 hours per week
Yegal – the Premium Paralegal Marketplace
A surplus of legal expertise worldwide is changing the way legal services are produced and consumed. Corporate consumers of legal services demand “more for less.” Alternatives to the traditional law firm (commonly known as“NewLaw” providers) are gaining traction in and around the legal profession. The Legal Technology market is estimated to be worth $15bill globally and that figure is growing by the day.
Yegal’s platform solves the “more for less” dilemma by connecting legal teams with pre-screened student paralegals for a more cost effective and flexible workforce. Freelancers are matched by the hour or on a task-specific basis. By providing Australian law students with exposure to real legal work we create a bridge between tertiary education and a career in law.
In this role you will work closely Yegal’s founder and receive mentoring from 2 experienced advisors (One US-based and one Australian-based).
In broad terms there are 3 characteristics that are critical to the role:
- a tech background
- effective and enthusiastic communication skills
- a strong desire to play a hands on role in the development of a young company
You will be responsible for planning the next stage of development for the existing platform. You will need to bring a jack-of-all trades mentality as Yegal is an early-stage venture. You will attend sales meetings and speak passionately about Yegal to prospective clients. You will pitch to potential investors and in time you will be responsible for hiring and leading a development team.
The CTO must be confident, be willing to ask questions and generally challenge the status quo. You must be equally adept at working autonomously or as part of a team. Self discipline and evidence of organisational skills are equally important
As a CTO/Tech Lead you will otherwise possess the following Skills & Experience:
- BA, BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Self-motivated and ready to take the initiative in developing and deploying the latest in web technologies.
- An understanding of agile and lean methodologies
- Tremendous attention to detail and the ability to write tested, comprehensible, scalable code
WHO WOULD THIS ROLE SUIT?
- anyone with an interest in legal technology
- someone who has always wanted to work for a startup and wants to “try it out” part time first
- alternatively, someone who is completing post-graduate study and wants to put their practical skills to use in the meantime
To the right candidate we will offer an equity share in the company. There is no upfront salary
How to ApplyPlease forward a copy of your CV + link to your LinkedIn profile to email@example.com
1455 total views, 2 today