Full-Time Accelerator Manager
NOTE: this role is open Australia-wide.
“BlueChilli builds startups. Our accelerator programs remove the biggest barriers to startup success, like building products, finding the first customers, partners, people and raising capital.”
Day-in-a-Life of our Accelerator Manager
BlueChilli’s award-winning accelerator is at the heart of everything we do. The “156 (Accelerator)” program educates and inspires our Portfolio Founders as they build successful tech startup businesses. It is a guided, curriculum-based program that covers topics such as finding a market for a new tech startup, procuring first investment, developing a product and establishing a team. The 156 takes Founders through masterclasses, advisory sessions, training workshops and other facilitated activities. Your job as our Accelerator Manager is to work with the BlueChilli Team and Program Directors to ensure the Accelerator has the right content and meets its key objectives, as well as coordinating its logistics and the successful delivery of the curriculum.
This role is integral to the Founder experience at BlueChilli.
156 DESIGN AND CURRICULUM :
- Working with the Program Directors, Entrepreneurs in Residence and the Product Team to advise on and implement the design of the 156 program, locally and internationally.
- Reaching out to our portfolio alumni, subject matter experts and innovation thought-leaders to participate in the accelerator as speakers, advisors or mentors.
- Making recommendations and iterative changes to the program as Founder and partner feedback comes in.
- Managing versions of the Accelerator that are applicable to our showcase startup industry programs such as SheStarts and CityConnect.
- Design and maintain the facilitation principles for the 156 program, including leading the content development and feedback initiatives.
156 LOGISTICS AND IMPLEMENTATION :
- Working with our Program Directors to schedule and coordinate content for the accelerator masterclasses.
- Coordinating and managing logistics around the 156 program including managing speakers, timelines, budgets, venues, training collateral, AV and participant onboarding.
- Organising information sessions for potential applicants and Founders.
FOUNDER EXPERIENCE :
- Designing and iterating on the BlueChilli Founder Experience, from onboarding them post-bootcamp to inducting them to the alumni program.
- First point of contact for cohort Founders for questions, feedback and general support.
- Gathering feedback from Founders , investors and corporate partners regarding the program
- Leading the effort in compliance and governance for Founder documentation, including incorporation paperwork and other venture capital related processes.
- Keeping Founder databases and tools updated.
- Founder community management.
- Meticulous attention to detail, from spelling to logistics.
- The ability to work with a number of stakeholders and drive consensus through leadership.
- Initiative and an ability to get things done.
- Experience stretching limited budgets with tight deadlines.
It would be extra awesome if you also had…
- A background in training or education, particularly designing or implementing programs and/or
- Experience in an accelerator program – whether you have participated in an accelerator program or have worked for one.
- Expertise in Lean Startup methodology.
- Someone who is excited by working in an ever-changing environment
- A creative problem solver who enjoys making big things with small resources..
- A curious mind, particularly when it comes to startups, training and self-development.
- Deeply connected in the startup ecosystem – even if you don’t currently work in a startup.
- Not afraid to network, pick up the phone to call people you have never met, put your hand up to share difficult feedback or try things you have never done before.
- Organised in a way that makes it easy to other people to work with you.
FLEXIBLE WORK ENVIRONMENT – We have very deliberately built the dream team of innovation heavyhitters. We take this task seriously! Everyone in the team is so fantastic that they could choose to work anywhere they please. We take great pride that they choose to do their best work here. It is our job to make sure that this choice is the easiest one they have to make!
AWESOME OFFICES – The BlueChilli office is the veritable wishlist of any startup founder or tech pro. The Sydney headquarters is decked out with everything you could need to boost creative confidence and experimentation. Our workspace welcomes four-legged companions, too!
FREEDOM & AUTONOMY – Work-life balance is crucial at BlueChilli. The team has taken big steps to ensure everyone can bring their best selves to work. Starting with flexible work environments, including both complete flexible hours and the ability to work from home at a moment’s notice. Giving everybody the freedom to own their time, we ensure that each and everyone in our team is working from the place that makes him or her the happiest.
AWESOME DAY- BlueChilli gives everyone a yearly AwesomeDay – a whole day free to use on anything they choose to. This day doesn’t count against annual or sick leave. It’s a free day to use for inspiration, recharging or simply enjoying life!
INCENTIVE PROGRAM – BlueChilli is making investments in ensuring the the team and broader ecosystem is the best in the world.
If you do a good job…
There is a lot of room for growth in this role! BlueChilli has plans to grow in Australia and internationally and this is a crucial position in making that happen. This role will be at the centre of Founder education, so you will be profiled as a thought leader inside and outside BlueChilli. The future is up to you!
Maybe this role is not for you if….
- You are not comfortable with incomplete information – startups deal with uncertainty every day
- You need a lot of direction or structure for daily tasks – our team is very autonomous!
- You are looking for a hierarchical team – we have a flat structure and offer individual paths of growth.
How to ApplyInterested? Great! Apply here.
431 total views, 1 today